Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble Starting S Max
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
Matt1304
Hi
Hopefully someone will be able to help!! I've had trouble starting my s max in the morning to the point where it will turn over but not start and then will shake violently!! I've been told one of the injectors has a leak by one garage and another garage has said I need new glow plugs!!
Any help much appreciated!!
Matt
Preee
What does it run like once its warm ? , i would have thought if it was still bad running after its warmed then maybe injector problem , if it runs well after its warmed a little then could be the glow plugs
Matt1304
It runs ok once warm it's just a struggle to get it started!! So it's more likely to be glow plugs??
Preee
It does sound like it could be , but always good to get a second opinion and i'm sure someone else will offer a little more on this subject.

Glow plugs will be cheaper than an injector to try if you don't get anymore information.
Matt1304
Ok thanks very much!! Do you have any idea how much glow plugs are??
Preee
I'm afraid i don't sorry.

Full Colour Version: Trouble Starting S Max
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615