Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emisions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
ppeter7
Hi there i have a 2001 mk3 mondeo 1.8 duratec petrol.just gone in for mot and hc abit high infact a fail.now ive tried redex and engine flushes but still high,but how ever when i took off the air pipe from the airbox to throttle body it passes emissions no probthis car hasnt a maf fitted either has had new airfilter fuel filter has any1 any ideas regards pete
stef123
[quote name='ppeter7' timestamp='1358889142' post='229370']
Hi there i have a 2001 mk3 mondeo 1.8 duratec petrol.just gone in for mot and hc abit high infact a fail.now ive tried redex and engine flushes but still high,but how ever when i took off the air pipe from the airbox to throttle body it passes emissions no probthis car hasnt a maf fitted either has had new airfilter fuel filter has any1 any ideas regards pete
[/quote]

high hc emissions is caused by a rich fuel mixture. could be due to worn spark plugs not burning the fuel properly or a lambda sensor. removing the air intake pipe is kinda proving this as you are now allowing a completely unrestricted airflow which is probably balancing the mixture
ppeter7
ok must be lambda as i had plugs done to at same time and all parts fitted was gen ford parts thanks again stef123
stef123
[quote name='ppeter7' timestamp='1358915287' post='229465']
ok must be lambda as i had plugs done to at same time and all parts fitted was gen ford parts thanks again stef123
[/quote]

The lambda sensors can be checked with a live data scanner. The front lambda sensor is the one you need to look at, it should be switching fairly quickly.

Full Colour Version: Emisions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.