Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Number Plate Bulbs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pete80
Ok sorry for a thread which has been probably been done a zillion times before, I have searched all day but cant seem to find the right answer. Im looking to upgrade the bulbs in my number plate, autobulbs reckon I need 501 and ebay reckons its the festoon type 239, could someone please tell me which one I need, its a 2008 focus mk 2.5

Cheers in advance

Pete
gumpy321
501 mate.
Pete80
Thank you so much, wish I had asked on here earlier but didnt want to ask such a daft question
Stoney871
No questions are daft questions mate, we all had to start somewhere :)
Pete80
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1358964589' post='229619']
No questions are daft questions mate, we all had to start somewhere :)
[/quote]

Much appreciated mate :)
Stoney871
Anytime. ;)
jeebowhite
Silly questions are those not asked, when you spend money incorrectly... Thats when its silly ;)

I bought a set of 501 LED's and replaced my number plates - make one hell of a difference! very bright, and clear light on the floor!

I suggest go LED :D
Pete80
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1359036744' post='229890']
Silly questions are those not asked, when you spend money incorrectly... Thats when its silly ;)

I bought a set of 501 LED's and replaced my number plates - make one hell of a difference! very bright, and clear light on the floor!

I suggest go LED :D
[/quote]

I will be just looking at the best ones, there are cheap ones and expensive ones, does spending more get a better product. I dont mind spending the extra if they are good quality
artscot79
not really many of the expensive ones are chinese with a bigger price tag than the cheap ones i have cheap led festoons in my number plates 7 months on they still work and cost £5 the ones i originally bought were £11.99 and lasted a week
jeebowhite
to be honest, you dont often see a great deal of benefit over cheapo and expensive ones.

I fitted these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230339848383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 and they look brilliant!

Clean light and much more legible than the oldies!
artscot79
thats the ones ihave had in for 7 months the other ones were a well known brand

Full Colour Version: Number Plate Bulbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615