Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2005 Focus Stereo - Connect iPod?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
brianthedog
Hello,

Just bought a 2005 Focus Titanium (2.0 TDCi). I'm collecting it on Thursday so have yet to have a proper play with the stereo. However, I was wondering if it was possible to connect an iPod (Classic) to the stereo directly? I know some stereos allow a cable to run from the back of the head unit to the glove compartment with basic controls available through the head unit.

Wishful thinking maybe...!

Cheers,

Brian.
Obsession
HI Brian,

You can get a Itrip which plugs into the bottom of the ipod and then you set the number on the plug and scan your radio of your car stereo and it picks up your ipod.

Just thought this would help. It's a handy wee thing as you can play your ipod in any car!

Obsy
jasonst170
[quote name='brianthedog' post='14599' date='Mar 9 2009, 01:37 PM']Hello,

Just bought a 2005 Focus Titanium (2.0 TDCi). I'm collecting it on Thursday so have yet to have a proper play with the stereo. However, I was wondering if it was possible to connect an iPod (Classic) to the stereo directly? I know some stereos allow a cable to run from the back of the head unit to the glove compartment with basic controls available through the head unit.

Wishful thinking maybe...

Cheers,

Brian.[/quote]
has it not got ipod jack in glovebox m8
brianthedog
[quote name='jasonst170' post='14687' date='Mar 10 2009, 01:41 PM']has it not got ipod jack in glovebox m8[/quote]
Ah - didn't check when I test drove it. Collecting it tonight so I will have a look!

May have to have a look at those iTrip things if not. Don't like faffing around with CDs - usually end up scratched in my car if I do!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615