Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Is This Symbol Please?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
davefc
I have never noticed the symbol previously, Small white circle with white line though it. In the Multifunction display. I was playing with the traction control in driver assist. I’m sure it was not there before. Anybody got any idea because I can’t find it in the manuals. I have reverted to traction control on (as it was) and its still there. Probably something simple but anybody got any ideas?

Davefc
Lenny
[quote name='davefc' timestamp='1359047150' post='229956']
I have never noticed the symbol previously, Small white circle with white line though it. In the Multifunction display. I was playing with the traction control in driver assist. I’m sure it was not there before. Anybody got any idea because I can’t find it in the manuals. I have reverted to traction control on (as it was) and its still there. Probably something simple but anybody got any ideas?

Davefc
[/quote]
Hi dave,
The symbol is supposed to be your speedo gauge with needle rasied to symbolise your average speed.
martyntdci
I thought that was for cruise control....... that's was it is on my dad's citroen vtr
TDCiST
The cruise control one has an arrow and is normally green, rather than the circle with a diagonal line through it...

Something similar to this:
[img]http://dashboardsymbols.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/cruise_control_indicator_symbol.gif[/img]

Or so i believe lol!
jimrex
It's just showing average speed, theres nothing wrong with it.

When you turn traction control off, the orange TC light (the one that flashes when you're enthusiastic with the accelerator!) stays on.

Hope that helps :)
davefc
Thanks gents but It can't be cruise control as mine does not have it..Thanks Lenny, I don't drive on average I normally have it set on actual mpg, probably why I hadn't noticed this particular symbol.
davefc
Thanks James, all sorted now

Full Colour Version: What Is This Symbol Please?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.