Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windscreen Washer
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Keef2112
Hi,
I have a 2005 Ford Focus and the washer seems to be blocked. The motor works fine, the nozzles in the bonnet are clear and there's water in it! But when I operate it it just dribbles out of the nozzle.
I can't seem to be able to access the water bottle to check nozzles at the other end.
Not sure how to get to it.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Keef.
SierraYankee99
Not sure if its the same on the Mk2 as the Mk1 but we'll assume it is. Raise the car on the side the washer bottles on (passenger on the Mk1), remove the wheel and wheel arch liner. The washer bottle is straight in front of you and should be easy enough to disconnect the multiplug and pipes then the pump simply pulls out of the grommet. Now the trickier bit, the grommet also has a filter on it and they can be difficult to remove without damaging it. My Dad stripped his on his fiesta last week and damaged the grommet. Might be worth getting a spare from Ford before starting. Dads fiesta one cost all of 69p, cant imagine a focus one will be much more. Probably even the same part.
Keef2112
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='14635' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:45 PM']Not sure if its the same on the Mk2 as the Mk1 but we'll assume it is. Raise the car on the side the washer bottles on (passenger on the Mk1), remove the wheel and wheel arch liner. The washer bottle is straight in front of you and should be easy enough to disconnect the multiplug and pipes then the pump simply pulls out of the grommet. Now the trickier bit, the grommet also has a filter on it and they can be difficult to remove without damaging it. My Dad stripped his on his fiesta last week and damaged the grommet. Might be worth getting a spare from Ford before starting. Dads fiesta one cost all of 69p, cant imagine a focus one will be much more. Probably even the same part.[/quote]

Nice one!
Guessed I might have to go through the wheel arch, drivers side on a Mk2.
Many thanks, will give it a go.
mark1316
drop a CALGON tab in the water bottle seen this work a treat to break down the limescale

Full Colour Version: Windscreen Washer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615