Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittent Speedometer V995 Nbm - Help
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Surrinder
Hello all. I may have posted before but I cannot recall.
The speedometer on my Ford Focus estate V995 NBM 1999 stops working, so I rely on the revcounter, then the speedometer sometimes starts working again. I have the Haynes manual but that only talks about removing and refitting a "vehicle speed sensor" that talks to the ECU and then the Speeddometer.

Could this be my solution (replace or refit?).

Thank you for reading.

Surrinder
artscot79
new vss its a common problem
Stoney871
+1
The VSS is a known problem area.
It misreads and causes the speedo to drop and the odometer won't read the mileage you've done either.
Sometimes you'll feel a drop in performance too.
A new sensor and mounting pin will be required and is a bit of a pig to get the old one out but is doable.
Surrinder
Thanks. I will try to get hold of a replacement unit before I even try to dismantle/refit/replace the unit. I was going to ask what VSS meant but my little brain clicked ON - vehicle speed sensor. Surrinder
Stoney871
Indeed.
EBay do a sensor and pin kit quite cheaply.
The new pin is an essential as the old one will fight you and get mangled.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615