Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timeing belt
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dezwez
hi i have a 1.8 zetec petrol focus 52 reg.
i have just done timeing belt on this i used a timeing pin in the front of the block and a pices of 5 mm bar on the camshafts then set the little arrow up dead center of the little square on the tensioner pulley'
now that i have started it up it run ok and i can rev it up quite high
but it idling is quite bad have i done something worng any help thanks
jasonst170
[quote name='dezwez' post='14668' date='Mar 10 2009, 07:51 AM']hi i have a 1.8 zetec petrol focus 52 reg.
i have just done timeing belt on this i used a timeing pin in the front of the block and a pices of 5 mm bar on the camshafts then set the little arrow up dead center of the little square on the tensioner pulley'
now that i have started it up it run ok and i can rev it up quite high
but it idling is quite bad have i done something worng any help thanks[/quote]
after you took pins & bar out. did you do 2 complete turns of engine by hand & put all pins & bar back to ensure every thing lines up perfect? also i belive you have to undo cam pully bolts before tentioning belt then tighten after. BEWARE... cam pulleys are not on keyways and will spin freely once undone so cams must be locked in position with the cam bar.....
dezwez
[quote name='jasonst170' post='14689' date='Mar 10 2009, 01:53 PM']after you took pins & bar out. did you do 2 complete turns of engine by hand & put all pins & bar back to ensure every thing lines up perfect? also i belive you have to undo cam pully bolts before tentioning belt then tighten after. BEWARE... cam pulleys are not on keyways and will spin freely once undone so cams must be locked in position with the cam bar.....[/quote]
sorted needed new set of plugs run great now thanks for your reply
dezwez
[quote name='dezwez' post='14697' date='Mar 10 2009, 03:12 PM']sorted needed new set of plugs run great now thanks for your reply[/quote]
bye the way i did all that with the pins
jasonst170
[quote name='dezwez' post='14697' date='Mar 10 2009, 03:12 PM']sorted needed new set of plugs run great now thanks for your reply[/quote]
no probable m8

Full Colour Version: Timeing belt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.