Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fix Egr Or Place A Blocking Plate?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
08_Focus_Malta
Hi,

My first post here. So hello to all!

I have a 2008 Focus 1.8 TDCi (face lift model) having read allot on this forum it appears that the TDCi engines have a common issue with the EGR. I have the same problem with my car, when under high revs (above 2.5) mainly on 1st and 2nd gear after pulling off from a stop it stutters and sometimes gives an engine warning on the dash which will put the car on limp mode. I spoke to my mechanic and he pointed to the EGR which I also suspect is the cause of all this.

My question from an newbie to you experts :) is;

Shall I clean the EGR or block it with a plate? If I block it, would there be any performance issues ? Your thoughts / experiences would highly be appreciated.

Thanks!
IINexusII
Hi,

you can check this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/39672-long-term-effects-of-egr-blanking/
08_Focus_Malta
Thanks, will have a look.
salsheikh
The only issue you will face is that on the 1.8 the EGR is a pain to access as it is near the turbo so a pit will be required and removal of the exhaust and possibly turbo.

ps. I might be getting mine done on weds so will update with pics if i can.
08_Focus_Malta
That would be great. If it looks complicated, I might get my mechanic to do it. Let me know how it goes and if you get any engine warnings if you do so. I do not have the equipment to reset the codes.
salsheikh
will do. i have a bluetooth obd2 adapter (ebay) and the torque app (android and poss apple) so can clear the codes using this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.