Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heaters Smoking.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Maintenance / Servicing / MOT Discussions
Hydie
Well basically my heaters are smoking not major but enough for me to turn them off and there is a slight smell of burning while they are on, the heater does heat the car fully like it always has but just lately there has been major condensation issues.

I have also noticed in the engine bay that one of the hose's from the heater matrix has been leaking onto the engine, I have also checked the foot wields to see if there is any coolant leaking but its bone dry.

Any help would be appreciated.
jeebowhite
does sound like a leak but the smoke - would you say it smelled more like exhaust, firesmoke, or more like mist?
Hydie
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1360082444' post='233402']
does sound like a leak but the smoke - would you say it smelled more like exhaust, firesmoke, or more like mist?
[/quote]

Couldn't really say just smells, I would assume it's misty as the smoke is white.
jeebowhite
if you had to describe the smell... what would it smell like?

I wonder if the seals are going around the injectors and the vapours of the combustion are leaking out and drawing into the cabin...?
stef123
It could be the heater motor or the heater motor resistor.

Hydie
My misses seems too think it smells sweet like toffees, I'm going to have another look over tonight check all pipes if they are looking fine time to get it looked at a garage.

Full Colour Version: Heaters Smoking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.