Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk 2.5 Stop/tail Led Bulbs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
funkybassman
Hi filks. anyone know of a place where i can get LED bulbs to replace the stop/tail originals on my 58 plate focus hatch?? Believe the originals are 780's but cant find LEDs to fit anywhere...Any help appreciated.

Thanks
FOCA
I have the Mondeo mk3 and it has tail/ fog lights (on the same bulb) - the brake lights are a single bulb on their own

The original bulbs have "offset" pins that i could not manage to find in LED form, what i did was take an LED "stop/ tail" bulb with "straight" pins (a cheap one from ebay) and filed one of the pins down on each bulb

Its worked fine for a couple of years no problem

To get the right LEDs for my car (trial and error) i have loads of LED bulbs left over
Stoney871
The type you need are 380 (also known as BAU15D)
They have the twin contact for the tail/stop elements.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-LEDS-LED-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-380-FOCUS-FIESTA-FORD-/130664452082?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6c354ff2"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-LEDS-LED-STOP-TAIL-LIGHT-BULBS-380-FOCUS-FIESTA-FORD-/130664452082?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6c354ff2[/url]
funkybassman
Nah they're not 380's. those ones have the pins directly opposite each other if you look bottom end on. The ones i need have the pins offset and nearer to each other. I'm sure they are 780's but cant find an LED equivelant.
Andy H Dibley
Hey Funkybassman, I found some on eBay ages ago. Will dig around in my eBay history to find where they were.

Out of interest, where in Bucks are you?
Stoney871
I guess you mean the PR21W bulb with the offset and pins that sit at roughly the 10 and 2 position?
funkybassman
Yeah thats the ones stoney......Andy im in milton keynes.
zangaby
On the facelift you need red PR21W/BAW15s.

I'm also looking for some on e-bay but I'm still not sure that they are strong enought during the day.
Now there are a lot of models using 5050 leds (3 cips) so they might be strong enough.
jeebowhite
I bought a set of cheapies for my CMAX, as they are brake light only, I am looking to get the tail and fog lights swapped over at some point
Andy H Dibley
Right, used these guys before, very good service, just questionable whether these will be bright enough to use.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-Ultimate-Canbus-92-SMD-LED-Bulb.html

Ah, fairly local. Theres a couple of Fiesta lads round your way. Should look at sorting out a Bucks meet at some point though.

Full Colour Version: Mk 2.5 Stop/tail Led Bulbs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615