Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Additive
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Highwaymanuk
Can anyone help? How do you get the metal flap on filler neck to open to add an additive to the fuel system.
My car is a 2008 focus TDCI. Any help would be great.
b1g_dav3
I'd have thought the bottle for putting it in with would be the right shape? If not, get a diesel filler from a jerry can and you should be fine.
Highwaymanuk
The metal flap won't just push open when I tried with my finger!
Stoney871
Is your car fitted with the capless easyfuel system?
If so you should have a small funnel type tube in your spare wheel well.
Highwaymanuk
Cheers Stoney871. There is a small funnel in one of the rear storage pockets didn't realise that's what it was, with it just being plastic didn't think it would be any different to pushing flap with my finger.
Stoney871
The easyfuel system has about two or three flaps in the filler pipe that block anything other than a pump nozzle or the adaptor into the pipe.
That adaptor is so you can use fuel cans or additives as without it nothing will go in.
Highwaymanuk
Cool! Thank god I've got one then as I expect fords will charge a small fortune for one.
Thanks for the help.
jeebowhite
its Fords answer to anti-syphoning, and a very good idea it is in theory, it just takes a little to get used to it and you hope that you always have the filler with you :P

Full Colour Version: Fuel Additive
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.