Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
ronnie-m
Hi Guys

Advice please my s-max has started to flash engine malfunction light its only happened twice in the last 4 days , any advice what this could be ????

Ronnie
stef123
[quote name='ronnie-m' timestamp='1360604669' post='235059']
Hi Guys

Advice please my s-max has started to flash engine malfunction light its only happened twice in the last 4 days , any advice what this could be ????

Ronnie
[/quote]

Hi Ronnie,
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately without having the fault codes read it could be any number of things.

does the car drive or behave any differently?
ronnie-m
Hi stef

No nothing seems to have changed , it came on , on Friday night on way home from work then when I turned the engine off it never came on again until I was driving home from work tonight , i don't know what to do or if I should just book it in to a garage.
jeebowhite
Whats the mileage of the car? can you offer more details? fuel, transmission, year, engine, trim etc?

I wonder if you have a clogged DPF?
gregers
go to the ford etis home page,type in your vin or reg number and that should tell you whether it has a dpf or not.
mine does this every now and then,with mine it seems to do it if i dont let the engine warm up a tad before i plant my right foot.
then once ive turned the engine off i might not get it come up again for a couple of weeks or so.
If the light is on, drive slowly to a Ford garage and get the fault read.
If the light is flashing, stop and don't move it any further or you could be looking at a blown engine. Get it recovered to a dealer.

Full Colour Version: Warning Light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615