Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracked Flywheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
alexb123
Hi All :)

How serious is a cracked flywheel and any ideas how much it would cost to replace?

My KA is about 6 years old.

I'm not good with cars so any information would really help.

Thanks

Alex
stef123
A cracked flywheel is pretty dangerous, if it breaks up its going to go everywhere! Search youtube for videos on flywheels exploding... I wouldn't want to be in the car lol.

Best thing is to find a second hand one, check it for cracks and make sure it's flat and not warped or worn unevenly
alexb123
Oh okay!!!! Thanks for the reply. Oops will take the car of the road now. And how much would it cost to replace?

Thanks
stef123
[quote name='alexb123' timestamp='1360762172' post='235535']
Oh okay!!!! Thanks for the reply. Oops will take the car of the road now. And how much would it cost to replace?

Thanks
[/quote]

I guess it depends on where you get it from. Last time I had to buy one (for a mazda) it was £50 but guaranteed to be in perfect condition.
alexb123
Okay thanks and how much to replace/labour?
stef123
How do you know the flywheel is cracked? Has the gearbox already been removed?

Full Colour Version: Cracked Flywheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615