Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lifting Jack Kit For An S Max?? Help!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Nickytwister
Hi all,
I'm quite new to the Ford Forum; recently bought an S Max with 18" Titanium alloys when my Sharan got stolen. Love the car but hate the lack of spare so I bought a 16" Ford steel wheel off of eBay with a high profile tyre as a spare.
However I don't own a lifting jack (all my tools got nicked too) and no-one in the S Max section could help me with which one to get which might fit.
Does anyone know what's best to buy? Mondeo? Galaxy? I want to keep it with the car so a trolley jack isn't ideal.
The seals appear to be the vertical pressed style with no flat lifting areas.
Anyone know?
Many thanks in advance guys.
Nick
Foci_st3
You would have to find and earlier 2003-2004 galaxy or sharan that had the wind up cable for the spare as that jack will be sufficient enough to lift the car or find ya self a 2tonne bottle jack.
Foci_st3
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SJ2-SEALEY-Bottle-Jack-2tonne-Sealey-SJ2-/251221325181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a7df5357d
Nickytwister
Cheers fella - the bottle jack looks great but I think it would destroy my seals.
I guess I need a jack with the groove along the top; I'll check out the Galaxy/ Sharan ones like you suggest.
Many thanks.
N
Foci_st3
The pros for a scissor jack are that they have a cup style bit for the sill
Cons they tend to be weaker and harder to operate as your screwing a thread in to make it go up

Pros for bottle jack they are much stronger more stable and lift the vehicle a lot easier
Cons the lift point is smaller and could cause damage the sill if you end up with corroded hub and have to give the wheel a boot to get it off, but there are ways round these issues by making sure your hubs are cleaned copper slipped when tyres and changed and you could buy a rubber block to put between the jack head and sill to protect it or find another spot under the vehicle that's flatter for the bottle jack head.
gregers
wonder how many smax's will end up like the galaxy's,CRUSHED SILLS lol.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615