Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2003 Intercooler Cover Fixings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what size/type of screw/fixing you need for the cover of the intercooler? One of mine has been shoddily replaced and it doesn't secure it down very well. Pointed out what I mean in the photo below.

The original one I have, has a brass (I think) threaded insert with a screw. Any advice would be great, thank you in advance.
just get it from ford, it should cost much.
Andy H Dibley
Get to your parts counter and get them to pull up the exploded views. With such a small item and an unlikely one to replace, don't be surprised if you have a wait for receiving it though.

Sadly it will also probably cost a fair cut too being Ford. Anyway you could fix it better yourself by rummaging the shelves at a hardware store?
or stick a small self tapper screw in - base it on the one you already have.
Thanks guys.

Turns out it's an M4 screw with a brass threaded insert into the actualy intercooler plastic. The threaded inserts have actually been ripped out, with one unusable. So will have to use a self tapping screw like you said.

Full Colour Version: 2003 Intercooler Cover Fixings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2015 Invision Power Services, Inc.