Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyre Valves
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
heddfan
Help please.Having problems with a 2005 ghia x 2.5 with the tyre valves leaking.
Is it possible to change the so called auto valves for normal valves.
Are the holes in the rim standard size ?

Thanks in anticipation

Mike
stef123
[quote name='heddfan' timestamp='1360852849' post='235795']
Help please.Having problems with a 2005 ghia x 2.5 with the tyre valves leaking.
Are the holes in the rim standard size ?

Thanks in anticipation

Mike
[/quote]

I cant see why the valves would not be a standard size.

what do you mean by auto valves? not something I've ever come across...
ppeter7
i take it there the metal type not rubber 1s.as a rule they shouldnt be as hole is slight dff fitment
stef123
[quote name='ppeter7' timestamp='1360863114' post='235824']
i take it there the metal type not rubber 1s.as a rule they shouldnt be as hole is slight dff fitment
[/quote]

if its the same type as fitted to the mondeo ST wheels then replacing them with rubber ones causes no problems, its actually quite common as the metal ones cause the wheels to corrode
heddfan
[quote name='heddfan' timestamp='1360852849' post='235795']
Are the holes in the rim standard size ? Sorry should have said they are the metal valves with the exterior nut.

Thanks in anticipation

Mike
[/quote]

Full Colour Version: Tyre Valves
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615