Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'secret' Dash Trick To Get Dtc Codes... Available On Post-2008?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
vibeone
My old focus let me see a subsection of fault code by holding the trip reset and turning the ignition on.

Is this possible on the mk2.5 08 onwards model?
Preee
Yes it is the same
vibeone
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1360945488' post='236043']
Yes it is the same
[/quote]

Sorry... I guess it now seems I'm incredibly lazy. I've always reset the computer via the menu.... didn't realise there was a button! Sorry.
Preee
All you do is got to trip computer and hold in the button , you get status bars that move across the screen and then it resets , when doing the secret dash test , you just holdit in then turn IGN on and keep holding until it comes up
nigwith
This is interesting but does it also apply to the Mk3 Tit-x and if so, where/what is 'the button'?
Preee
[quote name='nigwith' timestamp='1360957686' post='236122']
This is interesting but does it also apply to the Mk3 Tit-x and if so, where/what is 'the button'?
[/quote]

Yes same applies to the Mk3 , again it's the trip reset button , hold it in , press the starter button but don't put foot on the clutch , continue to hold until Dash test appears
vibeone
Thanks preeee - an improvement over my last focus - better descriptions.

Any ideas for what D900 is for a DTC code.
Preee
I had that a couple of times on my old car , i think it's a PATS related problem where it has trouble getting key signal and registers a fault code.
vibeone
[quote name='Preee' timestamp='1360965904' post='236202']
I had that a couple of times on my old car , i think it's a PATS related problem where it has trouble getting key signal and registers a fault code.
[/quote]

Seems quite a popular one, without causing any problems....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615