Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mpg Display/miles To Empty Reset
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
millysmum
Is there a way to reset this as the fuel consumption goes from 0 to 99 mpg whilst I'm driving.
I can't find anything in the handbook. It is a 61 Zetec.
Preee
Average fuel consumption can be reset , but if your talking on instant fuel consumption then that goes between 0 and 99 and can't be reset as this constant moving figure goes towards you Average fuel consumption.
jeebowhite
The live readout is just that - the MPG that your vehicle is worked out to be doing at that particular toe position... so you will not be able to reset the live readings...
millysmum
I didn't word my question very well. When I bought the car it displayed miles to empty. Suddenly
it shows mpg and as I am driving along shoots up to 100 and then down to 0 which is pretty useless
information to have on the screen. I had trouble finding a way to change it as the handbook was not
a lot of help.

It's also taken me a lot of time to work out how to play music. Having bought a cable for the iPod
which then didn't work I have now settled for a USB stick. I have managed to make my very ordinary Nokia
phone work through the Bluetooth connection so I'm delighted with it.

Thanks for your comments.
btmaldon
You have a switch on the left hand stalk that enables you to toggle through Miles to empty, average MPG. Live MPG, Trip distance, Settings etc. To go into settings you press the button on the end of the stalk while settings is displayed. To reset your average mpg and the trip distance you press and hold the button in whilst on those screens.
millysmum
Thanks for your reply. That worked on my 05 Focus but my current car does not have that switch on the left hand stalk.
I have now found that the arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel work that display and I
have reverted to "distance to empty". I usually get there in the end!
Preee
[quote name='millysmum' timestamp='1361550317' post='237938']
Thanks for your reply. That worked on my 05 Focus but my current car does not have that switch on the left hand stalk.
I have now found that the arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel work that display and I
have reverted to "distance to empty". I usually get there in the end!
[/quote]

So your Focus is a Mk3 Focus with the controls on the steering wheel , i think we assumed it was a Mk2.5.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.