Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Won't Start.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Puma Club
riadach
I've a ford puma, 00 reg. The car won't start and there's no power to the plugs. A new coil and ignition sensor has just been fitted, yet there's still no power.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?
btmaldon
Sounds like it could be the crankshaft sensor. Is it a 1.4, 1.6 or 1.7?
riadach
It's a 1.4, but there is a new crankshaft sensor fitted.
stef123
Hats the immobiliser doing when you try to start?
riadach
The engine is turning over to start but won't.
stef123
[quote name='riadach' timestamp='1360960416' post='236145']
The engine is turning over to start but won't.
[/quote]

depending upon manufacturer and model, the immobiliser wont necessarily stop the engine turning over
riadach
Does the immobiliser stop the pump from working because the fuel pump still works?
stef123
[quote name='riadach' timestamp='1360963494' post='236178']
Does the immobiliser stop the pump from working because the fuel pump still works?
[/quote]

its probably not the immobiliser then as it would stop fuel and spark.
riadach
When I disconnect the immobiliser from the steering wheel and I switch on the ignition the pump works.
steve mo

Hi i had the same problem with my fiesta.Engine would turn over fast but not start, no fault codes, no spark.Could not believe it was the battery.If the batt is not giving off 12 volts the ignition wont work ,even though it turns engine over fast.Have your batt checked.Thought i would put this on even though its been over a year since the trouble.I was pullin my hair out tryin to find the problem,was fooled by engine turning fast.

Full Colour Version: Car Won't Start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.