Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bike Carrier
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
refdt
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verona-bike-boot-fitting-rack/dp/B000XQAD6C/ref=sr_1_72?ie=UTF8&qid=1361124248&sr=8-72Can anyone recommend a 3 bike carrier for my focus estate.
Don't want to spend the earth.
Seen these at half price and also had some good reviews.
Verona 3 bike boot fitting rack.

focus zetec s black
good rack...maypole also do good ones...prefer towbar mounted one myself less likely to scratch sits well away from body
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font='comic sans ms', cursive]I use a similar rack on my Focus estate carrying 2 mountain bikes, no problem. Not suitable if you have a rear plastic spoiler.[/font][/size][/color]
refdt
Hi stormin.
Which one do you use.
Dose it cover up the lights or the reg plate.
Thanks simon
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][i]I was given the rack and it doesn't have a name on it unfortunately. If you look at my gallery pictures you can see the rack it doesn't cover the lights but it does obscure the number plate, I hang an extra number plate on the bikes, it is unlit but most police units wont give you a tug because you have made an attempt to comply with the law, that's providing you haven't made any another traffic violation. I'm sure even Stoney wouldn't pull you over.[/i][/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
You make me sound like a right jobsworth ogre ;)
focus zetec s black
i can provide full 7n electrics pack if you want to use a lighting board..for around 20 pound..to people on here..
easy diy job will even provide step by step instructions
refdt
What about if your car doesn't have a tow bar so you have no where to plug the board into.
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1361684234' post='238414']
You make me sound like a right jobsworth ogre ;)
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Never! Just trying to smooth things along and let refdt know we are nice people. :rolleyes: [/font][/size][/color]
Stoney871
I'm lovely of course, it's the Mali that's a horror. :P
NorthSussex
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1361881003' post='239045']
I'm lovely of course, it's the Mali that's a horror. :P
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font='comic sans ms', cursive]We didn't doubt that you were lovely, I am sure the dogs would agree.[/font][/size][/color] ;)
refdt
After much thought I think I'll be going for the roof bars and bike holders.
Going to be travelling a far bit and will be parking up and leaving them on the car so much more secure
Has anyone got or used roof bars with bike holders.
bt_cav
[quote name='refdt' timestamp='1361712931' post='238494']
What about if your car doesn't have a tow bar so you have no where to plug the board into.
[/quote]

Intresting Question, I have wondered about this myself....maybe there is a smaller light weight plug available??
NorthSussex
[quote name='refdt' timestamp='1361966651' post='239301']
After much thought I think I'll be going for the roof bars and bike holders.
Going to be travelling a far bit and will be parking up and leaving them on the car so much more secure
Has anyone got or used roof bars with bike holders.
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font='comic sans ms', cursive]The reason I went for the boot mounted carrier was that many car parks have height restrictions, particularly where I cycle, this means that you have to de-mount the bikes before entering the car park. Getting it right can be a bit of a bummer. :unsure: [/font][/size][/color]
refdt
Dont think there is one on the market that will cover all situations. Will just have to take the plunge
NorthSussex
[color=#0000FF][font='comic sans ms', cursive][size=5] [/size][/font][/color][color=#0000ff][size=5][font='comic sans ms', cursive]Yes there's not an ideal carrier. Write down the pros and cons of each type including the [u]total[/u] cost, then take the plunge. good biking weather is just weeks away hopefully. :rolleyes:[/font][/size][/color]

Full Colour Version: Bike Carrier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.