Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Centre Trim
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Highwaymanuk
I've got a MK2 facelift Focus Titanium and want to wrap the stereo surround, switch surround, Garage door and the gearstick surround. What I'm needing to know is it possible to remove the GearStick/ drinks holder panel to wrap it or am I going to have to tuck the edges down between panel and console? If it does come off? How?
Any help gratefully recieved!
jeebowhite
As far as I know there are a few different torx screws that you can undo and the centre console should be removable. I have previously seen on ebay centre consoles for sale, so I am sure that it can be done, however as to exactly how to achieve it etc, I couldnt say off hand...
vince_13
i know from when i removed my centre console at the weekend yes the silver square trim around the gear stick is removable, push the bottom straight edge towards the centre and pull up, (after removing the gear gaiter ofc)

with regards to the other trim, i think it bonded together looking at my pictures, which may mean needs breaking apart
Stoney871
The top piece is glued with black resin to the rest of the trim.
You should be able to remove the resin to seperate the parts and re-glue afterwards.
Highwaymanuk
Cheers for your help guys!
Preee
If you take a look at my Cup holder LED gide in my sig below it will show you how to remove the center console , as stated the the top sections is melted to the console

Full Colour Version: Removing Centre Trim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.