Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Bulb Lists
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DanGersFord
Hi just thought i'd post a few bulb lists for the focus ive done the same in the fiesta section hopefully to help a few people out when they are looking for which bulbs right for their car. The lists i've posted are correct to the best of my knowledge although if you notice any discrepances please inform me and i will alter the lists accordingly :)

Ford Focus (1998-2001)
Dipped Beam - 472 (H4)

Main Beam - 472 (H4)

Front Fog - 448 (H1)

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact

Rear Indicator - 382 Single Contact

Rear Brake Light - 380 Double Contact

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact

Number Plate Light - 239 Festoon Bulb

Interior Light - 265 Festoon Bulb

Ford Focus (2001-2004)

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 448 (H1)

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb

Number Plate Light - 239 Festoon Bulb

Ford Focus (2004-2007)
Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8)

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb

Number Plate Light - 239 Festoon Bulb

Ford Focus(2008>)

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8)

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless

Interior Light - 501 Capless501  

johnH

Basically just stole the Halfrauds flip chart there mate....lol

DanGersFord
It wasn't halfrauds I got it from. Just thought it'd be handy theres been quite a few folk asking for bulb sizes recently for various models
Brigante
Minor correction to make mate

On focus 2004-2007 you have dipped beam also listed as H1

It's H7 :D

You got it right for the other years. Typo with these years? ;)
DanGersFord

Minor correction to make mate
On focus 2004-2007 you have dipped beam also listed as H1
It's H7 :D
You got it right for the other years. Typo with these years? ;)

Sorted mate cheers. Mustve been a typo cause I put the right bulb code lol
DJ_Andy_M

The number plate light on my 2008 MK2.5 focus wasn't a 501 capless, it was a festoon bulb.

DanGersFord

The number plate light on my 2008 MK2.5 focus wasn't a 501 capless, it was a festoon bulb.

What size mate?
Captain Haddock

Might be different for other trim levels, but my 2008 Titanium has the following changes/additions to the 2008 onwards list  :-

Ford Focus(2008>)

Front Interior Light = Festoon (haven't checked the rear)

Interior Map Lights = 501 capless

Sunvisor Vanity Lights = 501 capless

Footwell Lights = 501 capless

Indicator Side Repeaters = 501A capless (Amber)

Puddle Lights = 501 capless

Boot Light = 501 capless

High Level Brakelight = 5 x 501 capless

DJ_Andy_M

What size mate?

I believe  239 Festoon Bulb on my estateCouldn't really tell by looking at them as they had rusted to hell. But doing a quick google and looking at some pictures I'm pretty convinced its them as the rest of the focuses seem to have them.

wraith1966

Nice topic, really handy THX

johnH

just to let you know 2006 ford focus, interior map light (without alarm or map lights) is same bulb as rear plate lights. 42mm festoon.

Stoney871

Correct.

If you have the map light type then the centre bulb is still a festoon but the map lights are R5W (BA15S).

The light with the ambient (submarine) lighting are all W5W (T10) wedge bulbs.

Haz93
The ST/RS Xenon headlights use
2004-2007 Osram D2S bulbs dipped
2008-2011 Osram D1S bulbs both dipped and main
These work as both dipped and main beam as they are BiXenon, meaning there is a shield in the projector that lowers when the main beam is required
exponential

Hi guys.

Is there a guide to fitting new Front Fog bulbs anywhere?

Can't seem to find anything for 2008 onwards focus...

I've looked at it and it seems the easiest way to fit them is to remove the headlight cluster completely on both sides and go in from above as opposed to removing the wheels and wheel arch covers etc......

Any info guys??

Mike.

Lenny

Hi guys.
Is there a guide to fitting new Front Fog bulbs anywhere?
Can't seem to find anything for 2008 onwards focus...
I've looked at it and it seems the easiest way to fit them is to remove the headlight cluster completely on both sides and go in from above as opposed to removing the wheels and wheel arch covers etc......
Any info guys??
Mike.

Hi mike,
Easiest option is remove the headlight as you have said,
Removing the wheel arch cover would gain you as good access,
The manual says to remove the fog surround and unplug the housing,
But avoild all of that mate just remove headlight and face it towards the windscreen resting on top of the fuse box or radiator resivour
Then reach down
Half turn and unplug.
exponential

Hi Lenny.

Thanks pal. Thought it would be much simpler going from above.

The stock fogs have a horrible yellow glow that wouldn't reflect cats eyes never mind the road ahead! 

Changing all bulbs in the front clusters and front fogs this weekend. :)

Much appreciated.

Mike.

hillesleyhenry

Can anyone confirm the bulbs in the rear light cluster on a mk2.5 2010 facelift focus, it says 780 but cant really find these anywhere especially in led form......

Also are the rear sidelights actually 501 capless, can these be replaced with red LEDs say 9 smd without any issues? 

hillesleyhenry

anyone?....

exponential
Sorry, cant help but im sure someone in the know will be along soon.......
DanGersFord

Can anyone confirm the bulbs in the rear light cluster on a mk2.5 2010 facelift focus, it says 780 but cant really find these anywhere especially in led form......
Also are the rear sidelights actually 501 capless, can these be replaced with red LEDs say 9 smd without any issues? 

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290889820876 these should fit without any issues. What do you mean rear side lights?
hillesleyhenry

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290889820876 these should fit without any issues. What do you mean rear side lights?

Sorry made it a bit confusing i meant the back lights i.e ones that come on with sidelights, i realised fronts are 501. Is 382 the standard fitment for back lights, brake lights and indicators then? 

DanGersFord
As far as I know its the same bulb to does your tail light and brake light. Basically when you switch your sidelights/headlights on the bulb comes on dimmer and then when you press the brake the same bulb comes on brighter
hillesleyhenry

As far as I know its the same bulb to does your tail light and brake light. Basically when you switch your sidelights/headlights on the bulb comes on dimmer and then when you press the brake the same bulb comes on brighter.

Ah ok thanks for the info never knew that before lol. Is the indicator 581? and i take it i need canbus ones? Thanks for the help btw. 

DanGersFord
If you've got a canbus system in the car which I think your model does then yes sorry I never thought of that otherwise it'll just keep saying you've got a blown bulb cause of the lower power usage of the LEDs. Yeah id recommend the Philips silvervision ;) removes the fried egg effect
hillesleyhenry

you can get ones with canbus resistors but they're more expensive :( Are the silvervision any brighter than standard indicator bulbs?

DanGersFord
The silver vision are exact same brightness wise except that they've got a silver coating so they're nearly invisible when they arent in use but still flash Amber when used. If you've got a canbus system you will need to pay for the canbus bulbs unfortunately
hillesleyhenry

Ok cheers

exponential
Just some info guys.

Bought a kit off ebay for 2008> focus and the supplied H8 fog lamp is incorrect.

Went to install it this morning and all other bulbs supplied were correct (sidelights, H7 and H1) but my fogs are H11.

Just thought I would share this....

Mike.
jeebowhite

worth contacting the seller and letting them know! they may send you a replacement bulb!

exponential
Will do jeebo.

Helps for other buyers too if they correct the item....
jeebowhite

definately!

exponential
I have been in touch with the seller on e-bay and he has offered to exchange the H8's for a pair of H11's instead.

Happy days.... :)

You cant half see the difference, even in daylight between the new pure white light from the dipped beam etc conpared to the stock "yellow" light the fogs give off! WOW
jeebowhite

They are much nicer to look at!

Feel free to post a link to the purchase you made!

exponential

Just a link to the particular lights I bought from e-bay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330853551948?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You choose from a list of make and models as normal.

Quite cheap but longevity is obviously yet to be seen.

Having said that, I purchased some "nightbreakers" for my previous car and they lasted all of 3 months!

colinben

Hi will halogen bulbs fit the titanium x Bi-xenon headlight I think I ordered  those instead of xenon bulbs by mistake.

Colin

jamesm182

Hi will halogen bulbs fit the titanium x Bi-xenon headlight I think I ordered  those instead of xenon bulbs by mistake.

Colin

Hi Colin if you have Xenon headlights then at least the dipped beam will be an OEM xenon bulb. I think it may be a D3S bulb on the MK3 Focus? Perhaps someone else could confirm?

colinben

Thank you James 

DanGersFord
It's a d8s bulb on the mk3 focus and there's only.one bulb in the market for it I believe and that's osram that make it. Halogen bulbs are no good for bixenon headlights unfortunately the lens pattern is completely different plus the bulb simply won't fit
DJ_Andy_M

Updated FORD FOCUS MK2 FACELIFT (MK2.5) 2008 onwards.

Note: Bulbs have offset pins.

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8)  H11

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb  BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red  BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red  BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 Red

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 White/Clear

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless  256 Festoon (longer festoon bulb)

Interior Light - 501 Capless Map lights / Festoon centre bulb.

colinben

It's a d8s bulb on the mk3 focus and there's only.one bulb in the market for it I believe and that's osram that make it. Halogen bulbs are no good for bixenon headlights unfortunately the lens pattern is completely different plus the bulb simply won't fit

So thats the main beam the dipped beam is a H7?

Thanks for your help

colinben

So thats the main beam the dipped beam is a H7?

Thanks for your help

or vis versa  I am so mixed up with main and dipped beam  lol

jamesm182

Dipped beam is your normal headlight that you drive with at night ie two clicks round on the headlight switch. Main beam is otherwise known as full beam and is what you would use when flashing your lights etc or on dark country roads.

colinben

Dipped beam is your normal headlight that you drive with at night ie two clicks round on the headlight switch. Main beam is otherwise known as full beam and is what you would use when flashing your lights etc or on dark country roads.

Got ya now D8S is the dipped beam and full beam is a H7.

Other confusing thing is the dipped beam bulb D8S also has a full beam as well!!1

So ther are 2 full beams when switched to full?

sorry for being so thick!!!!!

DanGersFord
The d8s is the dipped beam bulb and main beam bulb in one. I don't know where the h7's come from as far as I'm aware it's only normal focus headlights that use the h7 bulb. On your bixenon lights theres the d8s bulb, an indicator, your LED strip and another bulb that only comes on when you're turning a corner to light up the kerb
colinben

The d8s is the dipped beam bulb and main beam bulb in one. I don't know where the h7's come from as far as I'm aware it's only normal focus headlights that use the h7 bulb. On your bixenon lights theres the d8s bulb, an indicator, your LED strip and another bulb that only comes on when you're turning a corner to light up the kerb

Thanks for great reply

I will check again but I have a D8s then h7 then the corner light in a row then the indicator under that and drl above.

Colin

colinben

RIGHT GOT iT NOW AFTER CHECKING  BI-XENON  HEADLIGHT BULBS

DIPPED BEAM      D3S

MAIN BEAM           H7

CORNER BEAM     H1

INDICATOR          W21 SINGLE CONTACT ORANGE

Thanks for all your help

Colin

DanGersFord
Hmm it must be different on the titanium and the st the because it's definately d8s bulbs on the ST bixenon headlights
luke.grimbley

Updated FORD FOCUS MK2 FACELIFT (MK2.5) 2008 onwards.

Note: Bulbs have offset pins.

Dipped Beam - 499 (H7)

Main Beam - 448 (H1)

Front Fog - 708 (H8)  H11

Sidelight - 501 Capless

Front Indicator - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Indicator - 581 Indicator Bulb  BAU15S or 581 Amber/Yellow

Rear Brake Light - 780 Red  BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Back Light - 780 Red  BAY15D or 380 Red

Rear Fog Light - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 Red

Reverse Light - 382 Single Contact  BAU15S or 581 White/Clear

Number Plate Light - 501 Capless  256 Festoon (longer festoon bulb)

Interior Light - 501 Capless Map lights / Festoon centre bulb.

Just to add after making the mistake myself..

The interior festoon bulb is a 239. Ordered the wrong size for my led conversion. Also made the mistake of thinking the rear dome light would be a festoon, it's the same as the 501's throughout the rest of the car.

As for the number plate bulbs, mine are 501's rather than festoon bulbs. Seems this can vary so i would check you specific car before buying. Could it be that the chrome boot strip uses 501's and the painted one is festoons?

Luke

huey45
Hi Guys

Anybody want to do a stickie as to what LED bulbs can be put into 2012> Ford Focus
and where they can be put, and with what types that wont give canbus errors ??
to get rid of normal filament bulbs !!
jeebowhite

to be honest, you just search the bulb you want and search LED :) unless your car comes as standard with CANBUS then you wont be affected. You cant use LED Indicators, as they will flash like they have blown, so you would need to manually add resistors into the circuit.

Otherwise, if you need a 501W, then search for 501W LED, or if its a 42mm Festoon bulb, stick the LED on the end. Thats how I found all my LED's and can confirm that all are MOT passers :D

Full Colour Version: Focus Bulb Lists
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.