Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voice Control (Needs Programming With Ids?)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Gaz RS

I've just retrofitted Bluetooth/ Voice control with USB to my 2009 RS. Everything works apart from voice control, I have read that this needs to be enabled with IDS and also that the second hand module may need the vin number changed to that of my car.

Can anyone offer any advice or take me through the procedures please?

Thanks.

artscot79
It needs switched on via ids before it works mate i assume youve fitted the microphone and the stalk with talk feature as well and the overhead trim panel tgat houses the mic
Gaz RS

It needs switched on via ids before it works mate i assume youve fitted the microphone and the stalk with talk feature as well and the overhead trim panel tgat houses the mic

Yep all fitted but no response from pressing voice button on stalk, I can stream music from phone, play music from USB and make and receive calls.

I would like to go to the dealers with some understanding of the procedure.

artscot79
Yeah it needs programmed lenny or stoney will likely know how you do it via ids i know its problematic many peopke have to disconnect the box for 15 mins even after it works
Preee

Have you tried ELMConfig , just to see if adding the tick in Voice section works?

Gaz RS

Have you tried ELMConfig , just to see if adding the tick in Voice section works?

I was wondering if that would work, I don't have one though.

Preee

It might be worth a try , for the price of £10 , it's got to be worth a go

artscot79
Worth a try but im sure its ids only

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.