Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
soulman123

I have a friend with a stcking thermostat and he asked if he can get away with a eurocarparts stat, are the 1.8 engines fussy about this ? as I know they prefer genuine parts like plugs, ht leads etc just wondeirng if the same goes for the stat ?

When I did mine I used a genuine one about £12 more than the £9 euro one! fit like a glove never missed a beat since. Plus £2 odd quid for the seal which doesn't come with it from ford.

I was told I should change the housing aswell but thats mighty expensive and had no issue, I think its a common fault on the focus a leak housing but mines been fine. I was careful doing the bolts up no the crack it. I think they warp or something.

thanks

stef123
They housings can be prone to warping but I would risk it for a while until it becomes a problem - if it ever does.

I can't answer your question regarding the thermostat but personally I would rather have a genuine one with a genuine seal for peace of mind if nothing else

Full Colour Version: Thermostat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.