Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aux Belt Change Advice Please...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jeffnat68

Gonna change the aux belt as its starting to wear quite bad.Has anyone any advice or tips on this?Cheers Jeff.

alz
this should help you...

jeebowhite

to prevent copyright infrignment, feel free to describe it in your own words

Nathan_M
All i have to say is if its a stretchy have a lot of fun. And prepare to squeek.
jeffnat68

No worries,Got belt from fleebay £16 posted gonna fit it Saturday seems fairly straightforward according to Haynes manual but it states to remove drivers side wheel,take plastic arch surround off etc just thought I may be able to remove and fit it from the top,any ideas for a smove removal and fitting???

Nathan_M

No worries,Got belt from fleebay £16 posted gonna fit it Saturday seems fairly straightforward according to Haynes manual but it states to remove drivers side wheel,take plastic arch surround off etc just thought I may be able to remove and fit it from the top,any ideas for a smove removal and fitting???

If it is a stretchy belt then just take the Stanley knife to it that's the easy way to remove it. Then i would always put the belt over the pulleys furthest away check alignment and then tighten it.

jeffnat68

Did the belt change today and very easy to do,Took less than 30 mins.Inspected the old belt and found a slice or split right across the belt through the ribs.Good job I thinks.. :) 

Nathan_M
No squeaky squeeky? My new belt squeeks a little when cold, what brand of belt have you gone with?
jeffnat68

Not sure if its squeeking as I haven't driven it yet, just sent missis out to sainsburys for food and wine ..lol. so hopefully belts still on and not sqeeking.Got a gates belt from fleebay not the stretchy kind but with the spring loaded tensioner locked in non tensioning position it was easy to get on etc..Now for the cambelt change.... :wacko:

Nathan_M
I think it's the fact that mine is stretchy, i got a continental belt so I doubt the quality is poor.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.