Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake lights help urgently needed
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bullz712
hi everyoen and thanks for letting me join
i have just bought a ford focus and come across a fualt with the brake lights .. they keep blowing the fuse i have replaced the brake lights swith now if i dont put the switch on the fuse doesnt blow as soon as i connect the switch the fuse blows i even tried using a piece of wire but as soon as i connected it the fuse blew...

any ideas everyone please i would be very gratefull...

thank you
Darren
w2575
[quote name='bullz712' post='15479' date='Mar 18 2009, 05:50 PM']hi everyoen and thanks for letting me join
i have just bought a ford focus and come across a fualt with the brake lights .. they keep blowing the fuse i have replaced the brake lights swith now if i dont put the switch on the fuse doesnt blow as soon as i connect the switch the fuse blows i even tried using a piece of wire but as soon as i connected it the fuse blew...

any ideas everyone please i would be very gratefull...

thank you
Darren[/quote]

Sounds like a problem i have had before, did you by any chance buy your bulbs from the most reputable car center ? Think the bulbs are twin element 380's ? take the bulbs out and see if the 2 elements are touching on the inside of the bulb, this creates a short and blows the fuse. Best idea is to change both bulbs and see if this works !

Regards John
stef123
as said above, i would take the bulbs out then turn the lights onand see if the fuse blows, if not refit the bulbs one at a time until you can eliminate the culprit
bullz712
hi all
thanks for replying its now sorted was a dodgy bulb

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.