Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 Petrol Focus S Sluggish :/
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
SwansJasper
Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help
FOCA

Hi again lol ive got a focus s 59 plate it seems very sluggish and seems nowhere near as powerful as it shud be i know its not a huge engine but still surely there should be some torque in the lower gears? Oh and the handling is horrendous lol seems to understeer all the time and trys to spin is this normal ? Sorry if ive confused you lol hope you can help

Hi, no worries, no, you have not confused me, i know exactly whats wrong - its the driver, - its not being driven right as it "shud" (should) be LOL :lol:  

artscot79
Tyres dont work properly under 7degrees so they wont be gripping the road and they may be over inflated they should be at cold 30psi front 2.0 bar and if just you in the car 31psi rear any higher they will slide instead of grip powerwise the 1.6 i have now is better than my old 1.8 i havent driven the newer one but its still the same engine renamed so i wouldnt expect that much from it since we cant drive it its hard to tell if its a concern have it checked out
SwansJasper
Lol foca ;) so i aint confused you but you dont know whats wrong ? Lol
SwansJasper
Cheers scot il get it checked
artscot79
Well with the 1.8 theres a few things to check such as has it been serviced do the dash trick and see if theres any fault codes are there any dash lights illuminated hows the condition of the air filter you could have binding brakes which would explain it put the car on the flat out of gear handbrake off it should move easily with little force or jack it up and spin each wheel they should move freely is the hanbrake releasing properly simple stuff

Full Colour Version: 1.8 Petrol Focus S Sluggish :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.