Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Courtesy Lights
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Marty1198

I wanted to fit a rear courtesy light and have it lit blue just as all the others are.  I don't have any blue festoons left. But I do have leftover blue smd's from a previous project. So with my trusty soldering iron I I set about a spare light housing and knocked this up. Think it will work?

Stoney871
Works a treat.
artscot79
If youde said i have the festoon adaptor that plugs in with the wire and plug for the leds id have sent it to you
Marty1198

Thanks for the offer. It's a trial and error thing with me. lol. With the weather being so crappy and baltic cold I've just been looking for things to do.  

artscot79
No probs would have been easier that way you could just pop it out if needed
Marty1198

I just hope the weather gets better or I might end up with a car that lights up like a Christmas tree every time I open the door. lol. 

artscot79
I know i had to stop with mine the red footwells red ignition ring illuminated door handles rear boot lights map lights i stopped at that any more ide get mistaken for a u.f.o
Brigante

mines also looking a bit mad

and i still even need to get a bulb for my rear courtesy light. i even started to fit door handle led's but i knocked that idea on the head as it was too much hassle

artscot79
Pretty easy the handles anyone for a tan lol
Marty1198

It's the leds. They are so cheap to buy. It's too easy to get carried away and go overboard with them. I have been thinking recently about fitting 4 red 5mm leds in the boot lift. Where the oval badge is. 2 leds either side.lol.

Brigante

Pretty easy the handles anyone for a tan lol

Not really mate with my handles I was gonna run the wiring into the car via the rubber conduit so i could have em running off the footwell timer rather than use live feeds from the switches etc

too much of a faff though trying to get the wiring in the conduit n i'm not really that fussed any more

artscot79
I just ran them from the window swiches
Brigante

when do they illuminate? arent they on while driving?

artscot79

maybe these explain better

Brigante
on the second photo have you put leds in the sills? :wacko:

so what timer are they on mate? do they go off when the footwells go off?
artscot79

nah thats the reflection from the rear footwell lights

Brigante

was gonna say lol that looked wierd

Full Colour Version: Interior Courtesy Lights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615