Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Mk1 Ghia Boot Release
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
technium

Hi Guys

Ive just noticed another problem with the car ive just purchased. The boot release on the remote and the button inside the car appear to do nothing.

Is there a fuse somewhere for this that I can check first?

I didnt get any manuals with the car apart from service book but is there a place to download the owners manual or anything?

thanks again in advance.

Colin

technium

Anyone??

Stoney871

Do you hear a click when you push the button? if not then your boot lock solenoid may have packed up.

Is the wiring in the rubber conduit between the car and the boot in good order?

There is no separate fuse for the boot release, all doors and boot lock are controlled and powered via the central locking module so if the doors operate properly then there is power.

You may need to replace the boot lock, I have a guide on my signature for replacing one on a hatchback.

You'd need to compare locks to be sure but I believe they are the same for a hatchback and a saloon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-BOOT-LOCK-SOLENOID-COMPLETE-WITH-KEY-/140937482667?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item20d08751ab

Full Colour Version: Focus Mk1 Ghia Boot Release
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615