Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Erratic Rev Counter And Trouble Starting
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
dibbles
I have a 2004 ford mondeo lx I have tried everything and I'm baffled,I turn the key and it stalls but starts always on 2 nd turn of key ,the I get erratic rev counter where she will rev quite wildly,plus my mph never seems to go up or down can someone shed some light on the problem Many thanks
stooge75

mph? you mean your speedo clock needle doesnt move?if your needle aint moving,then could be speed sensor. to be honest you're better off getting an obd test from dealers.sounds like you have couple a things occuring there

BigD

I reckon your throttle body needs a good clean.

dibbles
Sorry meant to say my mpg on the digital doesn't change the rev counter just seems to be very lively
Gareth Prosser
Idle control valve? Get under the bonnet and unplug it, then start it up, any difference?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615