Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 52 plate Mondeo boot opens while driving
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
johns dad
Recently, the boot opening button on the dashboard stopped opening the boot, but all was well as I could use the remote and also the key. Now the boot opens when it feels like it, normally when the ignition is turned on, but more alarmingly, whilst driving as well.

I have replaced the battery in the keyfob, checked the wiring at the dashboard end and at the boot lock end, all appears ok (no sign of damp or charring). The switch on the dashboard activates (shorts across the contacts) but cannot measure a voltage at the lock end..... should there be?

any help with wiring diagram or tech assistance appreciated.

Ta
Timnchell
[quote name='johns dad' post='15607' date='Mar 19 2009, 08:15 AM']Recently, the boot opening button on the dashboard stopped opening the boot, but all was well as I could use the remote and also the key. Now the boot opens when it feels like it, normally when the ignition is turned on, but more alarmingly, whilst driving as well.

I have replaced the battery in the keyfob, checked the wiring at the dashboard end and at the boot lock end, all appears ok (no sign of damp or charring). The switch on the dashboard activates (shorts across the contacts) but cannot measure a voltage at the lock end..... should there be?

any help with wiring diagram or tech assistance appreciated.

Ta[/quote]

Hi, I had the exact same problem with my estate version. Ford recognise the problem on the focus but not the mondeo yet. Bit the bullet and bought the new switch from the dealer for about 30. Perfect ever since. It all operates off a tiny microswitch under the rubber you push to open the boot.

Hope this helps!
johns dad
[quote name='Timnchell' post='15818' date='Mar 20 2009, 06:14 PM']Hi, I had the exact same problem with my estate version. Ford recognise the problem on the focus but not the mondeo yet. Bit the bullet and bought the new switch from the dealer for about 30. Perfect ever since. It all operates off a tiny microswitch under the rubber you push to open the boot.

Hope this helps![/quote]

Exactly as you said. Disconected the connector coming from the external switch and boot no longer opens when it feels like it!

Also got functionality back on the cabin switch too, billy bonus.

cheers

paul

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615