Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Do You Suppose This Means ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Irish Paddy
It's written in black marker under the bonnet of the Mondeo diesel I bought last week.
Preee

Can't see anything did you miss the picture?

Irish Paddy

Can't see anything did you miss the picture?

Yep, forgot to attach the pic !
Lenny

It's written in black marker under the bonnet of the Mondeo diesel I bought last week.

Usually when the timing belt has been changed mechanics sometimes write the details on the bonnet.
S it was changed : 13/11/12 at 90144 miles
Which is 100% in compliance with manufacturers spec
Standard timing + auxilery belt
Not sure about 40% may be torque or the rotation of timing to locking.
But defo the timing belt information.
Irish Paddy
Ok that's good, because I wondered if the timing belt had been done on it. Thanks alot !

p.s. Is there a timing belt or chain in these ?
Lenny

Ok that's good, because I wondered if the timing belt had been done on it. Thanks alot !
p.s. Is there a timing belt or chain in these ?

No prob,
To confirm this; your service log book should have an entry with mileage to match the bonnet writing.

ot sure if its belt or chain but giving that its been changed at around 100,000 id say its a belt
But you should see down the side of the engine to see if its a chain or belt mate.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615