Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dan's Fiesta Mk6
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
Pages: 1, 2
DanGersFord
Pumaspeed Body Kit;

Colour Coded Front Grill/Wing Mirrors;

Climair Wind Deflectors/FOC Sticker

Painted Center Console/Glovebox/Intrument Cluster (Part of dash to be painted also)

Leather Gear Gaiter/Painted Bezel

Lockwood Dial Kit

ST Look Side Repeaters/RipSpeed Alloys

MK6 Facelift Brake Lights

Angel Eye/Projector Headlights

Decals/DMB Badges

Blue interior Illumination

Front Bumper/Skirt/Bonnet Redone and Sprayed/Fitted Front Fogs

Sub/Amp
ayrshiredude

Looks great, I always loved the Angel Eyes lights.  I bought a set for my second last car but could never get them to align properly so ended up sending them back.

DanGersFord

Looks great, I always loved the Angel Eyes lights.  I bought a set for my second last car but could never get them to align properly so ended up sending them back.

I was the same. I ended up taking them to Kerr Baillies the ford deal in ardrossan and they managed to do it for me although i think the high beam is still slightly too high but im not realy to bothered about that. Its not like i drive around with my high beam constantly. :lol:

Brigante

looking good lad

done a fair bit to it n its really come a long way

i really want blue speedo illumination as well

Brigante

I bought a set for my second last car but could never get them to align properly so ended up sending them back.

Sure you didn't accidentally buy a set for LHD?

When I went to get my halos aligned the bloke said how a lot of people buy all these fancy headlights that turn out to be LHD and are really awkward to try n allign

I think sets like mine can be either or. Just gotta put the leveling motor in a different way round or summin

DanGersFord

looking good lad

done a fair bit to it n its really come a long way

i really want blue speedo illumination as well

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/focus-c66.html :) you'll need to find the right dials yourself. I did a guide how to do it on fiesta but it wont be too much different.  It was a doddle to do :) and im not majourly experienced when it comes to things like that

Brigante

think this is it

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/focus-2005-on-petrol-12-digital-display-kmh-to-mph-conversion-dial-for-imported-vehicle-part-no-c037-more-details-i720.html

was looking at it before but looking at the description it just sounds like its a normal sed of dials, doesn't say nothing about being blue

DanGersFord

think this is it

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/focus-2005-on-petrol-12-digital-display-kmh-to-mph-conversion-dial-for-imported-vehicle-part-no-c037-more-details-i720.html

was looking at it before but looking at the description it just sounds like its a normal sed of dials, doesn't say nothing about being blue

http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/contact-us-c89.html

Email them with a picture of your dials and ask them if they can get or make you one with blue illumination :) I had to do that with mine and they added it to the site after

Lenny
looks excellent mate,
Colour coded rear view mirror and air vent rings would match in nicely,
DanGersFord

looks excellent mate,
Colour coded rear view mirror and air vent rings would match in nicely,

Ive not finished painting the interior yet i left it quite late last year to start and i just about managed to get the bits ive done finished in time just before the bad weather came and its not reay dissapeared long enough since lol. What i was going to do is continue the blue up from the center console onto the curved part of the dash that goes around the instrument cluster. Also as you said i was going to paint the airvent rings aswell but i might do them and certain other bits glossy white to stand out abit :) im probably going to need to strip the dash etc out when it comes to selling the car anyway. The blues not going to be to everyones taste especially in scotland where half the country is rangers fans (blue) and the other half are celtic fans (green) lol

DanGersFord

Im not doing much else to the car going to get some lowering springs and a new set of alloys- http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_65_x_16_12_spoke_alloy_wheel_f_1505627_c_246.htm

and im buying a set of hids for it next week. thinking about fitting a set of morette headlights though aswel

DanGersFord
Ive decided im going to buy a zetec fully body coloured front bumper and another pumaspeed front valance and a splitter so that I can fit foglights to it, it will look better than my LX front plastic bumper which ive just had sprayed :) the paints already started to flake off it and its only been painted for a year so hopefully the paint will take to this one alot better :)
vince_13

just a heads up m8 if you decided to paint the dash vents, as they dont come out, we used a touch up pen same colour as the car and 'coloured them in'

DanGersFord
Im gona be doing them glossy White I think. Im taking the curved section of the dash out and painting it that blue colour ive done the rest :). Think the glossy White rings will stand out might repaint the stereo trim glossy White aswell.
vince_13

yeh that sounds great :)

DanGersFord
Cheers for the tip Vince
DanGersFord
New bumpers here :)

DanGersFord
Fitted New blue illuminated switches =] just the headlight switch left to change but im leaving that untill I fit my front fog lights as its got the front fog light extra switch =]

vince_13
Looking good, how do the screen buttons come out?

Going to change the boot popper button aswell?
DanGersFord
The screen buttons just pop out mate. Im gona make a guide on how to replace all the switches later :) just flicks out with a screwdriver. It looks great cause my stereo and speedo are now also blue illumination just wish someone would figure out how to change the heater control cover. The boot popper isn't illuminated on my car? Gona fit a blue ignition ring soon aswel :)
vince_13
Haha great stuff m8 yh dont think any are illuminated but cant be as hard as the window switches
DanGersFord

Better pics now its dark. As you can see the heater control panel looks stupid now ;( gona order one of eBay and see if I can butcher it to make it blue to ;D it has honestly got nothing to do with me being a die hard Glasgow Rangers fan and dont like the Celtic colour green 0;) haha
Brigante

jammy goit

i really want blue illumination

its the one thing i'm jealous of my kid sisters polo about

definitely doing it at some point but the ready mate parts on ebay etc are rather expensive considering they've just had a blue led soldered in em for a few pence

DanGersFord
The benifits of having too much money ;) haha less hassle to buy it ready done and wasnt bad considering I got the 2 window switches, window heater switch and headlight switch for £50 delivered which I dont think was unreasonable :)
DanGersFord
Fitted a blue illuminated gear knob aswel now :)

vince_13

very posh, do they come in other colours?

DanGersFord
As far as im aware you can get them in green or red illumination aswell
Stoney871
There's these, considered them myself for a while.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=370255364292
DanGersFord
Or you could get a genuine one cheaper than the non genuine ones lol http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_2008_accessory_illuminated_gear_knob_f_1580939_c_417.htm

I think on that one you can switch between red and green but if you order one double check with them before you buy it (if you do)
vince_13

good to know anyway m8 cheers

DanGersFord
My blue illuminated interior so far :)
vince_13

wow its like blackpook haha looks cool, you dont really notice the green in the middle tbf

DanGersFord
I know its there lol those green LED screen at the Speedo aswel! ;( wish id waited a few more months and saved up the extra I needed for the mk7 they come with blue illumination as standard I think
DanGersFord
Fitted front fog blue illuminated headlight switch :) and what a flippin nightmare :censored:

vince_13

looking very nice m8

DanGersFord
Cheers theres 3 screws that hold the switch in place and no 2 ways about it it's a pig to get the bottom right screw
vince_13
Ok m8 thanks for the heads up
DanGersFord
The car on the left is exactly how my car looked when I first got it apart from being 3dr instead of 5dr. :)
vince_13

what a difference, any plans to lower it?

DanGersFord
Was on the list of things to do but after ive redone the front bumper and fitted fogs/New alloys I dont think im going to do anything else. Realy starting to want a new car now. Going to try and get this one to the way I want for Ford fair and then just leave it at that I think :)
b4zz

looking good fella

DanGersFord

looking good fella

Cheers :)

DanGersFord
New eibach lowering springs :)
DanGersFord
New bumper with front fogs and dress up skirt :)
DanGersFord
DanGersFord
When I fitted the front skirt from my body kit I didnt realise you cant fit front fogs after the dress up skirt has been attached to the bumper, also because my front bumper was only half colour coded/half black plastic trim, when I fitted the body kit and colour coded the blck plastic bits it just didnt take very well and has started flaking off so ive just bought a new front bumper thats meant to be fully colour coded :)
Lenny

When I fitted the front skirt from my body kit I didnt realise you cant fit front fogs after the dress up skirt has been attached to the bumper, also because my front bumper was only half colour coded/half black plastic trim, when I fitted the body kit and colour coded the blck plastic bits it just didnt take very well and has started flaking off so ive just bought a new front bumper thats meant to be fully colour coded :)

The new front end and eibachs are lookin sweet Dan,
When do you plan to have it lowered mate and have you looked in to purchasing rear camber adjustment bolts?
DanGersFord
Its the same front end ive got now just that this one will have fogs :D lol what do the rear camber adjustment bolts do? Im hoping to have the bumper and springs fitted by next week
DanGersFord

New bumper sprayed and ready to fit :)

Bonnet off ready ro be resprayed :)
DanGersFord
Fitted front fogs + redone front bumper/dress up skirt. Also had front bonnet resprayed as it had been scratched/had stone chips in it

The guys done a much better job fitting the dress up skirt this time looks alot better :)

Full Colour Version: Dan's Fiesta Mk6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.