Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2013 Escape (Us Kuga) 1.6L Engine Overheating After Recall Fix
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Kuga Club
Jersey Girl

I don't know what engine the EU Kugas are coming with this year but my 1.6L engine had an issue after the recall fix.  See my link below.

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19667

btmaldon

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

Jersey Girl

Are the hoses pressurised? The symptoms suggest no pressure in the system which allows the coolant to boil at lower temperatures than a pressurised system. Have you checked the expansion tank cap? It wouldn't surprise me if a mechanic forgot to do it up properly.

I'm guessing they were pressurised since I only had 2 intermittent issues with the overheating while driving at highway speed.  I still don't understand how it could have overheated since the engine should be air cooled fairly well at highway speed. 

The expansion tank cap looked fine.  The hoses and all the clamps looked great too.  I'm so bummed out :-(

btmaldon

Just make sure the expansion tank cap is nice and tight and hopefully you don't get anymore problems. I like the look of the US version. Good luck with it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.