Full Version: clutch master cylinder
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
dezwez
clutch master cylinder just changed one on a 1.8 ford focus est 52 reg
say in haynes manual start by removeing the steering column
well you dont have to
i found that if you remove the securing bolt from the sleeve
which joins the lower part of the steering column to the steering rack
it slip out and pushs up out the way i put a paint mark on it with wheels in a strate line save a lot of time messing about with the column
just thought i post to save you time dez ;) ;)
stef123
i think thats what i done when i changed my master cylinder, but i think i locked the steering wheel and removed the key before i took the bolt out.
Simon S
Perfect timing for your post, mine is leaking on the return stroke and will need to be done next week. Thanks for the info.
dezwez
[quote name='stef123' post='15953' date='Mar 21 2009, 07:54 PM']i think thats what i done when i changed my master cylinder, but i think i locked the steering wheel and removed the key before i took the bolt out.[/quote]
good point forgot to say that
nsharp1
Hi
you guys seem to know about clutches, i have a 1.8 focus ghia, its a 51 plate.

The clutch peddle workes normally and i cannot hear any problems but it is quite often being really light to put to the floor, its like pushing a feather down and then it will go back to normal. Its only intermittend so the garrages cant 'fix it'

I also found a small amount of yellow/green oil under the car near the gearbox i suppose.. could this have anything to do with it?

Any help is really appreciated... Thanks
dezwez
[quote name='nsharp1' post='16295' date='Mar 24 2009, 11:47 AM']Hi

The clutch peddle workes normally and i cannot hear any problems but it is quite often being really light to put to the floor, its like pushing a feather down and then it will go back to normal. Its only intermittend so the garrages cant 'fix it'

I also found a small amount of yellow/green oil under the car near the gearbox i suppose.. could this have anything to do with it?

Any help is really appreciated... Thanks[/quote]
its hydraulic clutch so if its working ;) ok then best left alone
stef123
[quote name='nsharp1' post='16295' date='Mar 24 2009, 11:47 AM']Hi

Any help is really appreciated... Thanks[/quote]

the yellow/green fluid you describe sounds to me like gearbox oil. clutch fluid is more yellow/orange.
is the brake fluid level dropping? the clutch uses the same resevoir as the brakes

Full Colour Version: clutch master cylinder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615