Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mondeo 2000 2.5 v6 auto box fault
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
ptk
at speeds over 50 it changes up and down gears without moving throttle anyone any ideas please
mintalkin
searching for gears is usually a sign of low oil.
ptk
oil ok and clean gears work fine at low speeds
rickb
[quote name='ptk' post='16041' date='Mar 22 2009, 02:35 PM']at speeds over 50 it changes up and down gears without moving throttle anyone any ideas please[/quote]
hi there i had the same problem with my 2000 2.5 auto, under the plastic bottom case of the airbox on the top of the gearbox is a round multi plug just to right or the gear quadrant selector,this had filled up with g/box fluid i blew out the oil and filled the switch on the gearbox with silicon and plugged it back in,its been fine ever since that was six months ago and 9000 miles,its like the overdrive is dropping in and out...hope this helps
ptk
[quote name='rickb' post='17046' date='Mar 29 2009, 09:33 PM']hi there i had the same problem with my 2000 2.5 auto, under the plastic bottom case of the airbox on the top of the gearbox is a round multi plug just to right or the gear quadrant selector,this had filled up with g/box fluid i blew out the oil and filled the switch on the gearbox with silicon and plugged it back in,its been fine ever since that was six months ago and 9000 miles,its like the overdrive is dropping in and out...hope this helps[/quote]

Thanks very much had a look and its exactly as you said. Really appreciate your help saved me lots of dosh. Must be a common fault
rickb
[quote name='ptk' post='17992' date='Apr 3 2009, 06:20 PM']Thanks very much had a look and its exactly as you said. Really appreciate your help saved me lots of dosh. Must be a common fault[/quote]
im glad you sorted it....... : :D

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.