Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear wheel bearings
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
billyboggins
pretty sure i have a problem with my n/s rear wheel bearing...how much to replace ...is it a diy job?
graham16v
Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.
Whelk8891
[quote name='graham16v' post='16516' date='Mar 25 2009, 08:21 PM']Its a real easy job if you have access to a press to remove and fit the bearings.

Slacken wheel nuts, choke front wheels and release handbrake, jack up rear of car and support on stands, remove hub nut metal cap, undo hub nut and remove the brake drum, remove circlip and press out old bearing, press in new bearing and install new circlip. Re-assemble.[/quote]
...or if you don't fancy the hassle, I got a rear wheel bearing replaced at a small local garage for 65. Although Ford would probably charge you 4x that.

Full Colour Version: rear wheel bearings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615