Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Problems With 56 Plate 2.2Tdci Mondeo
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Ed Banks

Currently having intermittent problems starting my 56 plate Diesel Mondeo.

It gave symptoms that the battery was getting dead, dashboard lights flashing and failing to turn over.

Had exactly the same problem with my previous Mondeo, and upon fitting a new battery, the problem was sorted.

However, I have replaced the battery with a brand new High Performance battery, and the problem is still present.

Sometimes it will start fine, but then on every so many start ups, it gives the indication that the battery is dead and it is struggling to turn over.  If you then turn the ignition off and try again, it will start fine.

I am thinking that it might either be a problem with the starter motor or the alternator.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Ed.

stef123
It might be worth removing the starter motor to see if its starting to clog up with metal filings from the flywheel

What battery have you fitted? (Should be lead calcium or silver calcium type)
Ed Banks
Stef,

Thanks for the tip. I was speaking to a bloke at work tonight and he gave me the same advice.

Is it pretty easy to replace the starter motor?

Will have to get the Haynes manual out when I get home. Don't want to fork out for labour if I don't have to.

Cheers,

Ed.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615