Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Power Down After Entering Correct Code
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
chewy29

Hi,

Newbie and 1st time post...

Just had a bluetooth car kit fitted.

Successful install - however after re-entering radio code and pressing "5" to save, radio powers/shuts down, then re-starts a few seconds later.

Tried entering a random code - got "incorect" message - so I'm confident that the code I'm putting in is the correct one.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix?

Installer of bluetooth kit uninstalled & reinstalled, rechecked all connections and confirms everything is as it should be.

Help please!!

Thanks,

DanGersFord
What kind of stereo is it thats presently fitted?
chewy29

Hi, its a factory fit 6000CD (12 button version / curved)

DanGersFord
Has the problem only started since fitting the Bluetooth?
chewy29
Yes. I'm having the kit un-installed tonight to check if it makes any difference but I'm guessing the issue is now with the stereo unit itself...
Not sure if they can be reset?
I've disconnected and reconnected battery following Fords advice but didn't make any difference. Only thing now is I can't change date/time as it won't allow me to put the code in!
I've had it confirmed that the code I've got is the correct one.
DanGersFord
I'd have said it was the stereo thats faulty. Id try it without the Bluetooth unit and see if the stereo works itself
Bass Junkie

Your missing a live, that's why the unit is shutting down after the correct code is entered. it's either poor fitment on the bluetooth kit providing once kit is removed it's fixed, or possible fault with headunit/wiring

Stoney871

You need to check that the battery pass through is attached correctly.

If need be, you can run a patch from the original quadlock loom wire past the Bluetooth loom insert.

[URL=http://s1130.photobucket.com/user/stoney871/media/FordQuadlock-2.jpg.html][/URL]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615