Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Wont Pump Up
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
dezwez
hi all I just fitted two new rear brake calipers and then bled them up all four wheels but no mater how much I bled them the pedal will not go hard so what do you think thanks
BigD
Stupid question but did you check the brake fluid level, and replace and tighten the brake fluid filler cap? Its surprisingly easy to forget, especially if you only loosened it and didn't fully remove it.
dezwez

Stupid question but did you check the brake fluid level, and replace and tighten the brake fluid filler cap? Its surprisingly easy to forget, especially if you only loosened it and didn't fully remove it.

yes mate it at right leave and cap on tight thanks for reply
stef123

Oh dear, this doesnt sound good mate.

What method of bleeding did you use? pedal or with a pressure or vacuum bleeder?

I take it that there is no air coming from any of the bleed points?

Sounds to me like you may have damaged or flipped the seals in the master cylinder

dezwez

Oh dear, this doesnt sound good mate.

What method of bleeding did you use? pedal or with a pressure or vacuum bleeder?

I take it that there is no air coming from any of the bleed points?

Sounds to me like you may have damaged or flipped the seals in the master cylinder

I used the pedal two man way and yes no air is coming though
stef123

I used the pedal two man way and yes no air is coming though

Is the pedal just pushing to the floor with little resistance?

dezwez

Is the pedal just pushing to the floor with little resistance?

it builds some pressure then fall to the foor
if I pump the pedal it make a funny sound in the engine bay sound like servo
pushing air in to the top of the engine
stef123

it builds some pressure then fall to the foor
if I pump the pedal it make a funny sound in the engine bay sound like servo
pushing air in to the top of the engine

what happens when you pump it up with the engine off? does it go solid?

dezwez

what happens when you pump it up with the engine off? does it go solid?

just goes to the floor when I pump up engine off
wase16ll

in that case you either have a fluid leak somewhere, or as has been suggested, the master cyl seals have been flipped,

dezwez

in that case you either have a fluid leak somewhere, or as has been suggested, the master cyl seals have been flipped,

no leaks so it looks like a new master I let you all no the out come
never rain but pours thanks to all replys guy and gals
wase16ll

if pedal gets solid then slowly sinks, one way of checking for air is someone to pump pedal and then you clamp hose off one wheel at time, this will trap air between clamp and caliper...i pedal stops sinking with one of hoses clamped then its air.

but does sound like a master problem...what was pedal like before calipers

stooge75

ive got a genuine master cylinder (Ford) for sale. seals were replaced no long ago. save you spending a fortune at dealers if needed. they're shockingly dear!

dezwez
all ready got one e bay but thanks all the same
stooge75

no probs. did you buy an aftrmarket part? i have an aftermarket master cylinder in my car just now. from GSF

Full Colour Version: Brake Wont Pump Up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615