Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spacesaver Spare Wheel
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
granpa dave

i am  new to the  forum and an oap  i drive  2010mondeo  zetec . my problem is  i bought  an i8 in alloy  to replace  my spacsaver  as i tow  a caravan   the alloy  sits high in the  boot  as its  larger  than the  spacesaver. leaving  a hump in the  boot carpet  .any  suggestions  would  be  helpful  regads  dave

btmaldon

I cant think of any way around it I'm afraid. The wheel well wasn't made for that size wheel. It may take a wider steely but as you have bought a full size spare it would be a waste.

ppeter7

cant you put it in the caravan as and when needed :huh:

hubby1959

There is a kit available from fords, for the focus that raises the boot floor to allow you to carry a full sized spare wheel, I assume there may also be one for the mondeo, from the thread I've read it sounds expensive, but it may be the only way around it

[url=http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42149-space-saver-spare-wheel/?hl=%2Bspace+%2Bsaver]Link[/url]

stevegtuk

In my mk3 estate, the plasti that holds the jack etc, had a lip round it liftingthe space saver up off the base of the well, i cut that off and a full sized spare fit in fine, not sure if the newer models have something similar.

Full Colour Version: Spacesaver Spare Wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615