Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedo And Dials Issue
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
poose

Since I got my 1999 1.8 Focus everytime I start it up all the dials do a full sweep and occasionaly the trip meter resets to zero. It has no problems starting but just wondered why it does this ? :blink:

Stoney871

That indicates a duff battery for sure.

poose

There doesnt seem to be any issues with the battery starts up no problems.

thecarpman

the same happened to me in another car deffo the battery also used to make my temp gauge sit at 3/4 when driving and at 1/4 when engine was off, change it asap or 1 day soon its just not gonna start when you really need it to and like me sit and wait over an hour for the AA and then wait another 30mins for them to test it and then change it THAT WAS 90 MINS I DIDNT HAVE SPARE

poose

Is there any particular type it needs ?

thecarpman

http://www.thebatteryguys.co.uk/products/solite-075                                                                       

maybe this

david295

Defo battery, I had same, fitted new battery, and never done it again.

poose

Thanks for that have to get one when I next get paid, hope it lasts until then !

Bass Junkie

Battery, or bad earths. Focus takes a "063" battery, Take the car to Halfords, they do a free battery check that will tell you what condition your battery is in. If the battery is good, check your earth's. Bad earth's is a VERY common fault on the focus.

Full Colour Version: Speedo And Dials Issue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615