Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Smoke Under Acceleration
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
duluxdoggy

hi, i bought my mk3 mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 about 2 months ago, people keep telling me as i power away from em there is a LOT of black coming out of the exhaust. mainly at low revs it would seem, im told these have injector issues, regularly needing replacement costing a lot. this is not rly an option, i have been advised to get some redex, anyone any experience of this? and will the redex make much difference?

stooge75

could be tho,but maybe a split hose/pipe.have a look.

if you're going to add anything,try Forte injector cleaner. redex is crap

stevegtuk

Check your air hoses for splits especialy the one coming up from the intercooler to the egr, then clean your egr out. If those two dont fix it then blank your egr and see if that works.

benj3941
Got an 07 plate tdci had injectors and egr valve replaced and. Still smokes like hell under acceleration so not sure where to go from here!
stevegtuk

Got an 07 plate tdci had injectors and egr valve replaced and. Still smokes like hell under acceleration so not sure where to go from here!

Have you checked the air hoses for splits?

GlenPonPon
may be the filter in the exhaust, this can get clogged up if you dont do alot of high rev driving. all you would need to do is run in along a motor way at high revs, id suggest 55mph in 4th maybe 3rd gear, as youd want to be in the slow lane because it blows all the crap out the filter. only a suggestion and worth a try, could be a cheap quick fix. worked on my 09 diesel
stevegtuk

Mk3s dont have dpfs

Drmatthew
Hi Benj3941.
Did you solve the black smoke problem on your 07 Tdci? I have same problem on mine and no idea whats causing it yet.
Any help be appreciated please.
Thanks. Matthew

Full Colour Version: Black Smoke Under Acceleration
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.