Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leak Above The Alternator, Around The Top Left Hose?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Jinkz

Been like this for a month now, hope someone can make sense of the pictures and any help much appreciated. It's at the front left hand side, and it looks wet around a pipe coming off the turbo? that sits above the alternator. Now i've tightened the bracket up around it and there seems to be no sign of rubber breakage but I can't determine where exactly it's coming from but it seems to have spattered around that area.

It's not overly wet (moist, as oil goes), it's just all over that area.

The little stick up nobbly bit on the alternator, I noticed there was a tiny weeny bit of an oil bubble on the outside when I did an oil change at the weekend.

Again any help greatly appreciated, and the knot is to hold that dipstick in place because the nut is missing to hold the bracket on :)

Jinkz
Bump
gurcayy

I had a similar problem. But to be sure, you have to remove the engine cover. When removed, inspect the throttle body housing I've pointed below:

84ee19f1f1ab41dc.jpg

Jinkz

I didn't check that i'll have a look tonight, cheers :)

Jinkz
20130516_184558_zpsd84d8d48.jpg

Think I've found where it's pooling
Jinkz
Done a bit of research and looks like its the injector seal on injector 1. Picking up a set of seals tomorrow hopefully and I'll do them all along with a new fuel filter.
Jinkz

Quick update, my local Ford dealership is sorting it out for £40, sounds cheap, but I know the guy so happy days :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.