Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Fuel Filter Do I Need? There's About 4 Types!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Jinkz
Everytime I put my reg number in or go on a search there seems to be about 4 types of filter, a long one, a plastic one, a metal bulbous one etc.

I was hoping to buy it on fleebay and hunt it down but I don't know which one it is? I've got an 06 tdci mk2.
Jinkz
Ah never mind , just checked the vin number it was made feb 06.. Solved, it's the bulky metal one.
ffz
Just curious, are you changing it because you have a problem, or as part of a timed service?
Jinkz
I've got no documentation of it being changed in a long time, and sometimes the car gets... It feels like its being starved of fuel, not juddery but split second losses of power every now and again. So I thought for £40 odd might as well change it. Got a leaky injector at the moment too so thought I'd give it a minor service.
gurcayy

If you take a look at your current filter, you will find the answer.

Jinkz
Ha yeah :) I don't know where it's located but I've just picked up a Haynes manual online tonight. I was trying figure out which it was so I could get it sorted Saturday.
gurcayy

Here:

Image0672-1.jpg

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615