Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alloys For My Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Modifications and Projects > Ford Project and Build Threads
jacksargent93

Okay so I'm picking up my Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 05 plate on Wednesday, and it has no alloys, so want to get some in preporation. So Would these fit my car? I know nothing, and new to this site so want to get a good idea on some cool mods and what not :) Thanks alot in advance, Jack. 

These are the wheels im asking curious about...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=314296628703049&set=o.129116810499868&type=1&theater

b4zz

the link don't work for some reson dude

jacksargent93

Its on facebook so you probably need to be signed in if that helps. I just clicked in and it works. Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Highwaymanuk
Link not working for me either. Says page is Unavailable!
jacksargent93
Oh dear. Okay could you tell me the exact kind oh wheels I need? Is just 4 stud 4 x pcd offset 50? It's all jibber to me haha
gforce

Link won't work for me either but it's an 05 so it's a Mk1.5 yeah?

If so you need 4x108 alloys. As in 4 stud, with 'pitch circle diamter' (PCD - the diameter of the circle the bolts make) of 108mm. Offset is recommended at 35-45mm.

Take a look at the link below mate, plenty of background info on the lingo and specifications, and plenty options for wheels too.

http://www.alloywheels.com/Alloy-Wheels-Fitment-Guide

jacksargent93
Is 05 mot mk 2??
gforce

Mk2 was from a 55 plate onwards, so mid 05, but there are probably a few rogue Mk1.5s on 55 plates and Mk2s on 05 plates! Can't be sure to be honest mate without a pic mate, I was just basing the assumption it was a Mk1.5 because you've mentioned 4 stud wheels...Mk2 onwards are 5 stud.

There can be a bit of confusion as some people refer to Mk1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5 Focus, whereas the general consensus would be be 1, then facelift 1.5, then 2 from mid 05 to 08, then 2.5 facelift from 08 to 11, then the current Mk3.

If your car's got 4 stud wheels it aint what we'd refer to as a Mk2.

jacksargent93
Aha! I see so as I got 4 stud I am a mk1.5. Well I suppose I best keep hunting for these alloys with the techs you have given me. Thanks a lot I will deffo upload a picture of my find. Jack
gforce

Yeah, that's be right mate. That's as handy a way as any to determine which Mk you have...can always be confusing around change-over times!

Good luck with the alloy search mate, keep us posted...and get a pic up surely!

crimeblitz1

he's got a mk2 shape with steelys on.  When I was doing searches for alloys myself it came up with a 4 or 5 stud option for a mk2 on quite a few sites so maybe very early mk2s had 4 stud fitment? intrigueing (spell?)

gforce

he's got a mk2 shape with steelys on.  When I was doing searches for alloys myself it came up with a 4 or 5 stud option for a mk2 on quite a few sites so maybe very early mk2s had 4 stud fitment? intrigueing (spell?)

Jeez that was news to me! Have just seen Jack's other thread though with pics so it's clear it is a Mk2, so I can only apologise for any confusion I caused earlier...the old adage about 'to ASSUME anythin...' comes to mind! Thought it might have been the confusion around the change-over date just.

Car looks well Jack...can I just ask, and hopefully without sounding patronising, you have popped a wheel trim off to def confirm you have 4 stud wheels?

crimeblitz1
Im also interested to see if he has done that yet
jacksargent93

Hey guys, I went down to the garage before I picked it up and they confirmed it was 5 stud fitment. I have looked myself, I suppose I should but thats what the garage said. So will I be looking for 5 x 108 pcd and an offset of 35 - 55? 

Full Colour Version: Alloys For My Focus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.