Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
adi v6
Hi ppl
I have a mondeo 2.5 v6. zetec s. 2002. 51k on clock.
The problem is when turning the wheel at low speeds / parking-turning sharp corners I hear and feel A creeking noise / nocking feeling in the steering what could this be any help would be great
stooge75

have you checked your springs,ball joints,cv joints? id have a look at those 1st off. when you turn the wheel when car is stationary,does it do it? or is it just when cars moving? i had a bent brake dust guard that gave me similar symptoms,so make sure nothings interfering at the wheel/discs

adi v6
Thanks for the replay no not checked any thing yet as don't no we're to start. And yes it does it the not moving
stooge75
You get the knocking also when turning wheel while cars not moving? Sounds like your steering pump. Have u checked its got enough fluid in steering reservoir?
adi v6
Yes mate there's fluid in there I have been told it mite be the bearings in the steering Collim or the nuckle
adi v6
And yes mate also does it when not moving
stooge75
Cant see it being bearing or uni joint if its 'knocking' can you?
adi v6
Not sure will have a good look at weekend thanks

Full Colour Version: Steering Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.