Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Etis Always Right?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
crimeblitz1

hey guys,

just looking at my cars specs on Etis and it says mine should have auto headlamps.  Looking at the example in the manual, it shows an auto position on the headlight switch in the car but mine doesn't have that.  So is Etis wrong or does mine have a new way to activate auto lights?  its a 2010 focus zetec s

Preee

If you  don't have the switch then  , ETIS is wrong , there have been a few people that have said Etis does not match up to their cars.

crimeblitz1

alas, tis as I feared, thank you m'lord

Pitmonster
Etis says my Focus is a C-Max, so it does sometimes contain errors
Stoney871
Mine is listed with auto lights too but definitely not.
Nathan_M

Do they mean something else on ETIS then because i just checked my dads focus it says both of these errors, it says auto lights which he doesn't have and that its a C-Max/Focus, i think it must be that the C-Max and Focus share a chassis from the mk2 focus? Because my Fiesta is all present and correct and i cant see how it can get messed up, i would have though that when you do a numberplate or vin search it correlates to a chassis number or build number and with all of today's barcode scanning etc i cant believe they would have got it wrong with many, although these all seem to be Focuses that have the 'errors'.  

jg321
I'm with Nathan on this. Mine is listed as C-Max/Focus and also says auto headlights, despite not having "automatic headlight control", which is what I believe Etis says when you have what is commonly referred to as "automatic headlights".

Full Colour Version: Is Etis Always Right?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.