Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Activity Kit
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford S-Max Club
kenl8

I have aquired the SMax Activity Kit. It is the '5 short bar type' for fitting to a 7 seater.

As it was previously fitted to another vehicle, it didn't include the nutserts, and spring clips to fit the bars to the backs of the 2nd and 3rd row seats.

I have managed to get the spring clips for the 3rd row fittings, but I am struggling to get the right size nutserts for the 2nd row seats.
They are the hexsert type, and the one's I got off the 'web' won't fit the hexagonal hole.

Can anyone advise me on where I can get them
Our local Ford dealer, can't fit them, or supply the parts.

Thanks

There was a similar question asked on the smax owners club forum - may be worth logging on over there to join in that discussion.

kenl8

Yes, I also posted the same question there, but alas , apart from yours, I've had no meaningful responses.

I have, however, solved it myself. I merely eased the holes out, then used 'splined' nutserts (rivnuts) instead of the hexagonal ones.

regards, Ken

Full Colour Version: Activity Kit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615